Sunday, November 9, 2014

Circle 7-Chapter 6


Chapter 6

The next day we pushed through on our way to New Mexico. Oklahoma was a very beautiful state with even more green scenery than Tennessee. We went miles without seeing anywhere to stop but were able to appreciate the beautiful landscape. It was completely different than what I was thinking which were farmers and Native Americans all over the place but still felt like a tornado could come at any moment based on the signs the overcast in the sky. However my mother was sure we would be fine.

“I will tell you about the secrets of the wind and how to control the weather when we get to Arizona.” My dad said.

“These guys get stranger by the day.” Bilal said in amazement and confusion.

“Yeah, this whole fortune cookie, coded talk is getting annoying.” Nyema said.

“So what is really going on? I do not want to wait until we get to the hotel. Everyone is tired and we have all this time to talk if we hit a checkpoint then we will just turn on the music or just leave it on while we talk over it.” I told my father.

“Finally, some answers.” Bilal said.

“It is complicated. I fell into some information when I was 19, just a little older than you all. It changed my outlook on everything where I began to question everything. In the midst of getting answers to those questions I was able to cultivate certain abilities during my college years.  But the transition was difficult as it made me feel like an outcast to those closest to me which I still feel even to this day. I wanted to keep these feelings from you for as long as possible. I intentionally only provided you with the tools you needed to maximize your potential for growth for this very moment in your current development. But the actions after New Years of the governmental elite have forced my hand, so we have to get into a place where your abilities can truly be pushed to limits that will challenge everything.” He explained.

“No matter where we are our gifts will reveal themselves but there are certain places that will enhance the speed in which those gifts are attained and mastered. Imagine your body is like a cell phone and in certain places that reception is stronger than in others.” He continued.

“Dad, I am not sure you are aware of this but Phoenix is in a valley, cell phone signals are horrible there.” I told him.

“Funny you say that because remember where we said this is the upside down kingdom where nothing is at it appears. So your physical device does not work well there but spiritual signal is on a different frequency.” He said.

“Who remembers the story about the Dogon people from Mali?” My mother asked.

“Of course we do they came over here before Christopher Columbus and worked with the ancients that were in the Americas to reestablish a transatlantic partnership.” Nyema told her.

“Exactly.” My mother said.

“But what use to be that place where those relations were created, well part of it anyways.” My father asked.

“Arizona.” Bilal said.

“Exactly.” My father said.

“So it is through tapping into this place of ancient people that the gifts that are latent within you all will come to the forefront. That is why we did not stay at home. That is why we are going across the country dodging the military in hopes of seeking refuge in Arizona so that we can move without as much interruption as would be experienced back east.” My father continued.

“Well that makes everything clear, why didn’t you say anything before?” I asked.

“No time like the present.” My father responded.

“I hear you dad but I am not trying to hear you right now no matter what you’re talking about.” Bilal said.

To Bilal and Nyema it seemed like more coded language yet to me it made sense. For some reason it resonated with me and I had full trust in my parents who had always told me it was their job to take care of us. So why in our darkest hour would they let us down? As we pulled in a small town a little past Amarillo, TX we found another motel so spend the night but the as this was becoming the norm for us the banter about our sleeping arrangements diminished but the conversation in the car ride gave us a lot to think about.

“What do make out of today?” Bilal asked us.

“Not sure.” Nyema added.

“It will be ok, when had they ever led us wrong?” I asked

“Um, how about now. We are on the run from the government with loaded weapons and wanted felons. If I had any sense I would run while they were asleep but you fools won’t come with me. I have one fool who is guided by blind faith in their parents and the other waiting for their BFF. I think they have jumped off the deep end. This has turned our world upside down, the talk about an upside down kingdom! We are in the car with the king and queen of the upside down kingdom. It is one thing to give us books and random facts but this is all a lot to take in. My whole life as I know it is over. We left everything and everyone behind.” Bilal said.

“Bilal, I do not know what you expect to do. We have to ride this out with them for better or worse. My gut is telling me that we will be alright.” I rebutted.

“They are our parents Bilal, but I understand your concern but I trust Zohar’s gut, he has always been on point since we were babies. I share both your sentiments but Bilal we are not leaving until we talk with Skylar.” Nyema added.

“Ya'll are stupid, I am going to sleep. But how come I always get the floor and Zohar always get a couch?” Bilal said.

“Because of my positive optimism. I know the best is going to come to me and it always does. Our thoughts shape our reality. Perhaps if you got out your negativity you would see things for the best. This is an adventure and you’re that guy that is complaining the whole time. Don’t be that guy.” I told him. 

We all went to sleep uncertain of what tomorrow would bring but had to get use to the fact that this was what was becoming normal. Tomorrow could bring incarceration or a closer step to true freedom as we finally were going to make it to Arizona. Still, was their freedom something that we would feel or would this life on the run be just as equal as if we were captured the day after the president made his announcement concerning Martial Law like Bilal had said? Although I tried to be the voice of reason for my brother and sister I still had my own doubts that I was battling.

Pre-order your copy at:

http://www.amazon.com/Circle-Seven-Manu-Amun-ebook/dp/B00OHP5XOW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1415563993&sr=8-5&keywords=circle+seven

No comments: